Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. The Silk Road Spice Merchant may change this Policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. Any changes made take effect immediately when they are published on the site.
We may collect, use, retain or disclose information about you only for these legitimate purposes:
- To carry out the normal commercial operations of an e-commerce, catalogue, or in-store retail business (these may include answering your product queries, processing your order and delivering or shipping you the product, obtaining payment, and maintaining proper tax and accounting records);
- To send you catalogues, flyers and offers about the products we sell, unless you advise us not to;
- To carry out any other activity which has your consent;
- To comply with legal requirements or so that we can respond to any complaints or claims against us.
When trusted third parties (such as our accountants or a delivery company) are performing a service for us or for you, we may provide them with our information about you only to the extent they need it to perform that service. We will not sell or lease information about you, with these exceptions:
- If we reorganize our company(ies), or sell or lease our business, the new entity, owner or operator will assume any rights we have in respect of our information about you. We would obtain reasonable assurances that your privacy would continue to be respected;
- We may create and sell or provide data (i.e. figures on sales of a particular product in a particular month) that is in a form that does not permit you to be identified.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Who has access to personal information collected by The Silk Road Spice Merchant?
The Silk Road Spice Merchant strictly controls access to your personal information to our employees who need this information in order to serve you or to employees who analyze our performance in order to measure and improve The Silk Road Spice Merchant. Employees are kept up-to date with regard to the privacy and security practices of The Silk Road Spice Merchant.
The Silk Road Spice Merchant reserves the right to co-operate with local, provincial and national officials in any investigation requiring either personal information, including any personal information provided online through silkroadspices.ca, or reports about lawful and unlawful user activities on the website.
If you ask us, we will remove any information about you from our files, unless some legitimate purpose makes its reasonable for us to retain it for some additional time. We will also review our files from time to time with a view to identifying and deleting stale information.
Questions? Please contact us.